Monday 21 January 2013

Nivea BB Cream First Impression Review



Hi Girlies,

As you can probably tell, I have for you in my lab today the new Nivea BB Cream.
I'm here to share with you my first impression of the product.

 

At this point I don't think it is necessary to dig in to what BB Creams are, I think we have all heard enough with so many brands out there... right?
When I found out a while ago that Nivea would be launching their own BB Cream, I was rather exited. I use a lot of their skin care products and I really like them.
I purchased mine at my local super market for €7.99 (50ml container) I thought that was quite pleasant, as it was the cheapest out of the 3 that I own.

Today was the 4th time I used this product, and I can tell you that I am enjoying it so far.
The main reason I like it so much is because of the almost perfect shade for my skin, I got the medium one which is the darkest of two shades available.
I usually have quite a lot of trouble finding shades that match me for foundation, concealers, powders etc... when buying "high street" make up here in Portugal, this is why often times I prefer to buy online.

Right so here we go..... What does Nivea claim;
Nivea BB (Blemish Balm) Cream enriched with minerals, pro-vitamins B5 and a touch of make-up.
1.     Reduces the appearance of pores, and evens skin tone.
2.     Covers imperfections, blemishes, signs of fatigue and dark circles.
3.     Illuminates the complexion, enhancing natural skin tone.
4.     Provides light weight hydration easily absorbed by the skin
5.     Helps protect skin against early ageing caused by the sun with SPF10.

      

As you can see in the pics, the shade is really good for me. So that could mean it won't suit everyone, especially lighter skin tones.
The coverage it provides is acceptable for my expectations as far as BB Creams go. In my opinion it's light coverage, more like a blurring effect in a tube, lol exactly what I want for my day to day make-up needs. I don't think it's a very buildable product either, I have tried a couple of times... however I am still exploring this product so I wont rule it out.
I like the creamy texture though it can be a bit pasty ( reminds me of acrylic paint I used to use in school) but then again it is a "balm" correct?
On a more realistic note it reminds me a bit of the Garnier BB Cream in terms of texture, but way, and I mean way better. Reason for this being it's not as greasy.

 

In these pictures you can see what it looks like on my face both indoors and outside, with natural lighting.
I have combination/oily skin, and the finish you get with this BB is dewy and very healthy looking. But I have noticed that after about 4 to 5 hours I do get very oily, from dewy to disco ball... not nice!!! So I am going to try it with a powder and see how that performs. :)

  

Last but not least this BB Cream has SPF10, which in my opinion, is not even enough considering I live in the Algarve and even on the average winter day you will still get a good few hours of sunshine.... but hey better that than none at all... But as you can see in the picture above it will cause some flashback, like a ghostly effect when flash photography is used. For me in general that doesn't really bother me, but it is in fact something to consider when doing your make-up if you plan on taking lots of pics!! :)



Sooo girlies that's that.. my first impression on the Nivea BB Cream, I am planning a fuller review/comparison of my other bb creams against this one. Please let me know if I've forgotten anything, or if there is anything you would like to know. :)
What about you, are you trying this yet?

 Dee*

No comments:

Post a Comment